Our Meticulous Google Hangout Recap of the Golden Globes


Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture (Presented by Jennifer Aniston and Benedict Cumberbatch)


Rubin: Taniston.

Watercutter: CUMBERBATCH

Rubin: “She got 4 4s”—my wife, with the Friends deep cut

Crucchiola: Taniston!

LOLOL

Rubin: Someone counted Mississippily!

Crucchiola: I think that was my favorite throw to an awards present ever.

Rubin: Ethan Hawke has turned into Young Bill Paxton.

Crucchiola: Early advantage WHIPLASH!

Watercutter: And the band gets to play jazz!

Rubin: “And the award goes to…JK Simmons! No, wait, sorry, that should have been ‘J/K, it goes to Mark Ruffalo.”

Rubin: I kinda hoped he’d accept in character as Cave Johnson from Portal 2.

Crucchiola: Let’s never forget Oz.

Rubin: Or as the mogul from Party Down.

Watercutter: Miles Teller is Robin?!

Rubin: Always struck me as more of a Nightwing.

Watercutter: “He inspired me every day to want to scream at him and hit him in the face.” – JK Simmons on Miles “Boy Wonder” Teller

Crucchiola: It’s nice to see JK getting this spotlight. He’s fantastic.

Rubin: Lorne Michaels looking straight St. Tropez at the Simmons table. How did that happen?


Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Miniseries, or TV Movie (Presented By the Leads of Fifty Shades of Grey)


Crucchiola: There is ALREADY negative chemistry between Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan!

Rubin: “And, in one more stab at making you care about Fifty Shades of Grey…”

Rubin: Weird that Michelle Monaghan didn’t win for a role she inhabited for approximately 17 seconds an episode.

Watercutter: Joanne Froggatt wins.

Watercutter: Downton Domination

Crucchiola: Cathy Bates losing is not an acceptable answer.

“This is the most shocking moment of my life” is not anything a Downton winner can say.

Kehe: Are we always to be made uncomfortable by the long awkward walk from table to stage?

Rubin: It gets staggerier as the night goes on.

Watercutter: I’m so glad that it appears Jessica Chastain at the front table.

That means she’ll always be there as we await people walking to stage.

Crucchiola: I would deliver my whole speech to her.

And just thank her. For everything.

Kehe: First commercial break. Impressions?

Rubin: No one told me that live-chatting awards show meant having to sit through commercials. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

So far so meh?

Watercutter: The opening bit was nice.

Crucchiola: I liked the duo-logue.

Watercutter: And I’ll never be mad JK Simmons won something.

Crucchiola: Oh but now we get to watch coming attractions commercials!

Watercutter: Blackhat!

Rubin: H4CK3RZ WITH GUNS

Kehe: /shirtless Chris Hemsworth

Crucchiola: YES, PLEASE

Rubin: h4xth0r

Damn, wish I had thought of that one first.

Watercutter: Yes, Peter, yessss!


Best TV Miniseries or Movie (Presented by Jennifer Lopez and Jeremy Renner)


Rubin: Clumsy joke #Million: “It’s J-Locut and Huh-Guy!”

Kehe: What part of JLo’s dress did she rip off for her earrings?

Rubin: All of it, I think.

Crucchiola: Good win for FX with Fargo.

Kehe: FARGO!

Rubin: Dark horse!

Crucchiola: I support Martin Freeman’s endeavors.

Rubin: As do I, I just wish I liked the show more.

Crucchiola: The just-before-they-hit-the-stage cam is uncomfortable.

Rubin: Wallace Shawn is looking younger than ever!

Crucchiola: “We’re gonna do it again” was very defiant.

Like someone is trying to STOP FARGO.

Rubin: Maybe just global warming.


Best Actor in a TV Miniseries or Movie


Crucchiola: Ohhhhh good category!

Woody vs. Matthew!

Rubin: I think McConnaughey’s been here since last year

Watercutter: Ok, True Detective will win SOMETHING here, right?

Crucchiola: THE WALLACE SHAWN BABY!!!

I’m going for Woody!!

FARGO DOUBLE UPSET!

Watercutter: Billy Bob Thornton!

Kehe: Back to back FARGOS.

Rubin: Jeremy Renner’s chemistry with J-Lo’s breasts is also terrible.

Watercutter: Billy Bob almost just did finger guns.

Kehe:Fargo” hereinafter my word for “upset.”

Rubin: Good, because I’m Fargo about this acceptance speech.

Crucchiola: Billy rocking the paisley-esque print shirt, since forever.

Watercutter: “I’m just gonna say ‘thank you.'”—Thanks for that, Billy Bob.


Naomi Watts Takes the Stage


Crucchiola: WOW. YES NAOMI.

Rubin: Iced Out Herpetologist.

Watercutter: Is she wearing a snake made of diamonds?

Rubin: That’s what she’s doing!

Crucchiola: I think Birdman‘s got comedy/musical and Boyhood has drama.

Neither of those are interesting thoughts, but still.

Kehe: Has any favorite won so far? Are there even favorites?

Crucchiola: Fair point, Jason.

No one has BUZZ this year.

And does that mean nothing was good or that there was TOO much good?

Watercutter: Nothing is on an unstoppable run.

Crucchiola: In a year where Box Office was down year over year from 2013.

Watercutter: … but when we have more prestige TV than ever.

Crucchiola: Also, Page Six tweets that Entourage is filming AT the Globes tonight… Gross?

Watercutter: Margaret Cho! (Right?)

Rubin: Margaret Cho bout to get HACKED, y’all.

Crucchiola: Margaret Cho was born to do this.

Watercutter: C-Batch photobomb!

Benedict has been perfecting that move for a while now.

Crucchiola: Meryl gives the standing O for freedom of speech chat!

Audience follows!

Meryl is their guide. And they listen.

Kehe: We wouldn’t be doing this recap right now if it weren’t for Alan Turing—gay grandfather of WIRED magazine.


Lead Actress in a TV Comedy or Musical (Presented by Kerry Washington and Bryan Cranston)


Crucchiola: Do we think Cranston will win this year just because we don’t know what else to do?

THE CW ACTRESS WON?!?!?!

Watercutter: Jane the Virgin surprise!

Rubin: Jane the Virgin going FARGO on these fools.

Crucchiola: Whoooaaaaaaa!!!!!!

This will be, no matter what, the biggest upset of the night.

Rubin: I hope she gives an immaculate acceptance.

Crucchiola: OK, not that this girl doesn’t deserve it—I haven’t watched Jane the Virgin—but is the HFPA trolling?

Rubin: Kerry Washington and Bryan Cranston have no idea who Gina Rodriguez is.

Crucchiola: They just downed Netflix, HBO and Showtime

Watercutter: OK, that speech *was* great.

Kehe: Idk about immaculate but I was moved.

Crucchiola: Bless her little surprised heart.

Kehe: Suddenly I want Jane the Virgin to win everything since we’re clearly living in an alternate reality.


Best TV Comedy or Musical


Crucchiola: TRANSPARENT!

Watercutter: TRANSPARENT

Rubin: TRANSPARENT

Crucchiola: That whole category (best comedy series) was all women and minorities. Besides Silicon Valley.

Rubin: That’s what I was about to say!

Kehe: Meh—was I the ONLY person who found that show depressing?

Rubin: It was depressing and more.

Rubin: Jill Soloway: a deserver of Everything.

Crucchiola: 2014 REproves it was the biggest year in the history of trans discourse.

Watercutter: Alcorn dedication = my heart squeezes.

Rubin: Also shouting out her “mapa” is huge.

Crucchiola: Nothing is predictable.

I have no idea what’s going to happen!

Kehe: “To love” – absolutely. But none of those characters were particularly lovable.

Watercutter: I tend to enjoy flawed characters.

For those who want background on that Leelah Alcorn bit, here.

Kehe: I NEVER recognize Sienna Miller.

Apparently she was in Foxcatcher.


Best Original Score in a Motion Picture


Crucchiola: What TWIST will score deploy??

Watercutter: First win for Theory of Everything!

Kehe: Iceland! Discovered on some obscure Dutch music blog, no doubt.


Best Original Song in a Motion Picture (Presented by Prince)


Crucchiola: PRINCE?!?!?!?

THAT SWAGGER!

Kehe: The Hollywood Foreign Press obviously voted per the recs of the Dutch music bloggers.

Watercutter: Louis CK is so down for PRINCE right now.

Crucchiola: Oh, his voice.

It’s like slow rolling honey.

Rubin: I think I just got pregnant.

Crucchiola: Second that.

Kehe: Sia wrote a song for Annie?!

Crucchiola: I want original song to be Lorde!

Rubin: Just went back to see Allison Janney lose her shit over Prince.

Well worth it.

Crucchiola: Damn. We just got cheated out of a Lorde speech.

In her smart pants suit.

Watercutter: And a moment between Lorde and Prince.

Rubin: Chrissy Teigen’s husband seems very nice.

Crucchiola: Common can’t turn off his poet.

Rubin: And the giant humanoid cat who is Common gets a nice introduction to confused viewers!

Damn, Common, can John Legend get a word in?

Someone please GIF Chrissy Teigen’s face.

She looked stricken.

Watercutter: Right? She kinda forgot she was at a televised show there for a minute.

Kehe: Oprah’s quivering lower lip was basically me during Selma. I cried poetically for two hours.

Crucchiola: I don’t think I was ever not crying for Selma.

Just passive/active crying back and forth for two hours.

Watercutter: I only stopped crying during Selma once I was fully dehydrated.


Crucchiola: Hahahaha

So does Kat Dennings

Crucchiola: Oh NO




Watercutter: :(

Rubin: Oh noooo.


Best Supporting Actor in Series, Miniseries, or TV Movie (Presented by Katie Holmes and Seth Meyers)


Crucchiola: Aww Katie Holmes is here!

I like when she’s busy.

Rubin: I had no idea she was this tall

Kehe: This is the most she’s worked in a while.

Rubin: Or that Seth Meyers is a wee child.

Watercutter: BOMER

Kehe: Um, I think I’d like to see a Seth Meyer-Katie Holmes Weekend Update?

Watercutter: Alan Cumming in khaki.

Rubin: Alan Cumming goes Full Ecru!

Crucchiola: NORMAL HEART!

Kehe: YAY NORMAL HEART.

Crucchiola: MATT BOMER

This is probably why he didn’t do Fifty Shades.

Watercutter: Everyone should take note of Bomer’s suit.

Kehe: OK. This is the most progressive Globes ever.

Crucchiola: It’s STAGGERING.

Almost suspiciously progressive.

Rubin: They have three kids?

Watercutter: … And now I’m crying over The Normal Heart all over again.

Kehe: Humanity has miraculously leapt forward, like, a good generation.

Rubin: Keep in mind it’s the foreign press.

Crucchiola: On the heals of a distressing year.

That’s nice to see.

Rubin: Humanity is Huge in Europe.


Clive Owen Presents Theory of Everything


Watercutter: I’ve watched so much Knick this year I’m just presuming Clive Owen is high on coke right now.

Rubin: Friend of WIRED Eddie Redmayne!

Crucchiola: Hey Eddie!

Miss you!

Watercutter: Eddie!


Best Lead Actress in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical (Presented By Ricky Gervais)


Rubin: Did not miss you, Ricky.

Crucchiola: Ricky says “celebrity” like he ISN’T one.

Kehe: “Streep”—not enough people call her that.

Crucchiola: Amy Adams!

Well, that’s nice!

Watercutter: Amy just said on the red carpet she expected to not win.

WRONG AMY.

Crucchiola: The Globes love Amy.

Rubin: Hey, remember when she and Isla Fisher were the same person?

Crucchiola: So far the Oscars love her less.

Which makes me sad.

Rubin: And then Amy Adams started winning everything?

Kehe: I think we’ll need to watch the 8 p.m. broadcast because all the winners will surely be different.

Rubin: And now Isla Fisher just sits somewhere and has to act amused by Sasha Baron Cohen?

Watercutter: LOL

Crucchiola: Hahahahaha Jason you’re SO right!

Men and straight people and white people will win all of them in the 8 p.m. telecast

Watercutter: Everyone Loves Christoph!

Crucchiola: I believe Amy was genuinely surprised just now.

Crucchiola: … Where is Shailene Woodley??

Will she presenting the Mother Gaia award in this celebration of women at the Golden Globes??

Rubin: I was sure she’d pop up when the actress from Jane Divergent won for best actress.

…I’ll see myself out

Kehe: No!

That was my only LOL of the night

Watercutter:


CBatch


Thanks, Internet.

Rubin: That was really a tremendous photobomb.

Crucchiola: It’s so perfect it looks fake.

Watercutter: He’s great at it.

Kehe: It’s so cartoony. Is there a trampoline?

Crucchiola: Like, digitally manipulated.

Rubin: SPROING


Best Animated Feature (Presented by Salma Hayek and Kevin Hart)


Watercutter: Hey, it’s Everly!

Crucchiola: Lil’ Kev!

Rubin: … and Keverly!

Crucchiola:

Hahahahaha!

Watercutter: I Hart Keverly.


HowToTrainYourDragon2

Paul Drinkwater/NBC



Rubin: HEYOOOO.

Watercutter: … now I’ll show myself out.

Crucchiola: It was nice of Salma to stand up there and be Kevin Hart’s audience member.

Gruyere?

Is that what she said?

Greer!

Greer Grammer!

Rubin: Judy Gruyere.

Crucchiola: “You’re the dude of the moment”—Salma

Watercutter: Really?

Kehe: Not Lego Movies?!

Crucchiola: WHAT THE HELL?!?!

Rubin: Big Hero 6 gets Fargoed by HTTYD2!

On the plus side, I would very much like this guy [How to Train Your Dragon 2 director Dean DeBlois, right] to rescue me from a burning building.


Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture (Presented by Jared Leto)


Watercutter: Marry Me, Meryl.

I am so bewitched.

Rubin: How to train your preciousness, Jared Leto.

OK, best supporting actress, motion picture.

Watercutter: I can’t choose in this category. I can’t.

Kehe: C’mon, Patricia.

Rubin: Jared Leto looks like a soda jerk.

Kehe: YES THANK YOU.

Crucchiola: Boyhood strikes.

Watercutter: Patricia Arquette—so deserved!

Crucchiola: I get it.

And I’m happy about it.

But I still can’t be moved away from Jessica Chastain.

Kehe: She’s trembling. I love her.

Kehe: I’d like her to win the Oscar. I thought she was the best part of Boyhood.

Watercutter: She was.

Kehe: She evolved as both a character and actress before our eyes.

Crucchiola:


drh0a


Kehe: I want fingers like that.

They’re murder weapons.

Crucchiola: For .

Crucchiola: FINALLY more Tina and Amy!

Rubin: Gotta say, not as sure about this Interview

bit.


Best Screenplay (Presented by Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader)


Watercutter: The Skeleton Twins!

Rubin: Skeleton twinz!

Crucchiola: Yay the Skeleton Twins!

Kehe: Nothing’s gonna stop them now.

Watercutter: I want him to slip into Stefon for just a second. “It’s that thing, where a bunch of street punks act out Terminator on mescaline…”

Crucchiola:


tumblr_mgqn2xw3C91r5ls6go1_500


Rubin: I want this to keep going.

Watercutter: I wish I could “heart” this presentation.

Rubin: Screenplay bets?

Crucchiola: Birdman?

I’d be real happy with Gone Girl.

Rubin: Boyhood or Imitation Game.

Kehe: Betting is futile.

Watercutter: Birdman. Though I love Imitation Game.

Rubin: Birdman!

Crucchiola: BIRDMAN ATTACKS

Rubin: Wow. That’s crazy.

Watercutter: All 50 writers get on stage!

Rubin: Not in a bad way!

And 12 birds!

Those guys seem like a fun night out.

Watercutter:“He’s a badass!”—Jack Black on Richard Linklater


Best Lead Actor in a TV Comedy (Presented by Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin)


Crucchiola: JANE FONDA LOOKS THE BEST.

Rubin: Well, if it isn’t HANOI JANE.

Kehe: Hahahaha.

Watercutter: Jesus Jane Fonda

Crucchiola: ONE TRUE PAIRING

“I thought you were just high that day.”

Kehe: I WAS JUST GONNA SAY: they’re definitely both stoned.

Crucchiola: “Well, two things can be true.”

Someone get Jane a panini!

Watercutter: These two are crushing it.

Crucchiola: Well, I think next year’s hosts were just christened.

Rubin: They just called House of Lies “House of Cards.”

Kehe: Again, stoned.

Crucchiola: They’re drunk.

Rubin: Jeffrey Tambor!

Kehe: I’m looking forward to this acceptance speech.

Crucchiola: The male contenders category was just won by the person playing a trans woman.

The progressiveness builds!!

Rubin: “And that is why you ALWAYS LEAVE A NOTE.”

Crucchiola: HA!

Crucchiola: “This is big. This is much bigger than me.”

You go, Jeffrey!

Kehe: I’ve only had one glass of wine but I feel drunk on progress.

Watercutter: “To Amazon, my new best friend.”

Dedication to the transgender community—YES.

Kehe: “Thank you for your patience.” That’s it, guys.

Crucchiola: “Thank you for letting us be a part of the change.”

Watercutter: “Thank you for letting us be a part of the change.”

Rubin: “Thank you for letting us be a part of the change” is an enduring quote.

Kehe: I need to excuse myself.

Watercutter: Jinx

Kehe: It’s a night for tears. This is really legitimizing the Hollywood Foreign Press for me.


Best Foreign Film (Presented by Lupita Nyong’o and Colin Farrell)


Crucchiola: YAY LUPITA!

I’ve missed her!

Kehe: It’s kinda a shame we had to endure Cosby and Interview jokes.

Rubin: Colin Farrell has escaped from a Zane Grey book cover

Kehe: I love Lupita’s glasses!

Rubin: Her brother is somewhere fumbling around myopically.


Best Actress in a TV Miniseries or Movie (Presented by Kate Beckinsale and Adrien Brody)


Crucchiola: I just heard Kate Beckinsale is the star of “The Disappointment’s Room.”

That can’t be right

LET IT BE LANGE!

Rubin: I think it’s “The Disappointment Shroom.”

Crucchiola: Huh.

The Honorable Woman.

Kehe: Another Fargo—except Fargo woman didn’t win.

Crucchiola: The inability to predict just KEEPS ON BUILDING.

Watercutter: I want to know what Maggie and Jake Gyllenhaal talk about when they have dinner.

Kehe: Their unusual bone structure, for sure.

Rubin: “So which one of us looks like Buzz Lightyear and which looks like a cabbage-leaf baby?”

Crucchiola: LOLOLOL

Maggie is so eloquent.

Rubin: Maggie Gyllenhaal: Turned On By Evolution!

(Maxim.com’s headline tomorrow)

Kehe: Her husband is a lover of complicated women. How evolutionary!

Rubin: She’s not just a winner, she’s a DAR-winner!

Kehe: Someone get this girl a KALE SALAD.

Rubin: (I mean she’s a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution.)

Crucchiola: Do you guys think Gina Rodriguez is still alive?

Watercutter: Tina’s Tux Just Won


Best TV Drama (Presented by Paul Rudd and Adam Levine)


Rubin: Paul Rudd and an oil slick currently on stage.

Watercutter: Sorry … now I’m writing in headlines for some reason.

Crucchiola: The Affair wins.

It’s opposite day!

Rubin:You Won’t Believe What Happened When Tina Fey Wore a Tux

Kehe: Was Affair supposed to win? Because the cameraman definitely fell over.

Crucchiola: No one tonight was supposed to win.

Kehe: Except HUMANITY.

Watercutter: You can’t win for something called The Affair and forget to thank your husband.

Kehe: Or can you?


Presentation for Pride


Watercutter: Gays!

Rubin: So now we know that Pride is a lock.

Crucchiola: I’m calling it now

Pride is winning this category.

Rubin: Any other night, not a chance.

Rubin: Tonight? Double rainbows for everyone.


Best Lead Actor in a TV Drama


Crucchiola: If Kevin Spacey wins Kate Mara can just be the trophy he holds in his hands.

Rubin: Francis Underwood with the win!

Watercutter: Kate is so happy for him!

Crucchiola: For a BISEXUAL POLITICIAN!

Watercutter: Never put down the drink, Kevin!

Rubin: He didn’t win a golden globe until he sexed a dude.

ON SCREEN

Watercutter: With his on-screen wife!

Rubin: Ben Foster is looking menacing.

Kehe: What was Kevin Spacey talking about? I…spaced.

Rubin: Stanley Kramer?

Watercutter: If Kevin Spacey gets any better I may not be able to handle it.

Rubin: Or nondairy creamer?

Crucchiola: This ideas as an abused alien commercial makes me really sad.

Rubin: “GE: We’ll Jim Henson the shit outta your ideas.”

Crucchiola: I hope your wife loved that one.

Rubin: We were both too busy screaming in terror at the idea.

Kehe: What about [Rubin’s dog] Crosby?

Rubin: If it’s not a back issue of Spy, he doesn’t have time for it.

Crucchiola: What a hipster.

Rubin: He rode here on a bike made out of antique tuba parts!

Watercutter: He wants you to switch over to Girls doesn’t he?

Crucchiola: That may have been the most on-point joke of the evening.

Kehe: HAHA.

Peter, you can write the Globes next year.

Crucchiola: That was a Tina/Amy joke.

Crucchiola: So, can Tina and Amy write the jokes again?

WHERE are they?!


George Clooney Gets the Cecil B. DeMille Award (Presented by Julianna Margulies and Don Cheadle)


Watercutter: We’re all FoGs!

Friends of George.

Rubin: Frugals of Gourmet

Crucchiola: I’m so jealous of Amal Alamuddin’s husband.

Kehe: Tribute to George opens with view of Earth from space: because he’s god.

Rubin: Why does this George Clooney reel feature no Facts of Life or Roseanne clips?

Crucchiola: That’s a failure.

Rubin: Cecil B. DeFEAT

Rubin: Obligatory Leatherheads moment.

THERE’S my Out of Sight clip.

Watercutter: Jules!

Kehe: He calls her “Jules.”

Crucchiola: When he said Jules and Don she was VISIBLY overwhelmed.

That was the greatest moment of her life.

We should all respect that the Clooney-sance predated the McConaissance.

This guy had a mullet in Rosanne.

Watercutter: George has on a “Je Suis Charlie” button on.

Crucchiola: And only started making consistent credibility pictures after like 2000.

Watching George Clooney be bashful about Amal is the most endearing thing he’s ever done.

Watercutter: It’s impossible for this man to not be charming.

Crucchiola: I want him to call me Jules.

It’s not my name and I don’t care.

Watercutter: Side note: I want some SF theater programmer to make a Fifty Shades of Grey and Magic Mike XXL double bill.

Rubin: How many categories are left? I just had my second birthday since this started.


Best Director (Presented by Harrison Ford)


Crucchiola: Does Harrison have his earring in??

Check!

Rubin: He does!

Watercutter: Soon to be seen in Star Wars Something Or Another, Harrison Ford.

Crucchiola: OK, so Linklater for director is the only think that hasn’t surprised me.

Kehe: I imagined Richard Linklater very differently.

Crucchiola: Less dude-like?

Kehe: Yeah.

Rubin: Not like Owen Wilson with gravitas?

Crucchiola: He kind of SOUNDS like Owen Wilson

Oh… indeed Peter.


Best Lead Actress in a TV Drama (Presented by Anna Faris and Chris Pratt)


Crucchiola: Look at that TRIM man!

Chris Pratt!

Rubin: Glad Chris Pratt is still “from Parks and Rec…” and not “Marvel anabolic freakshow…”

Crucchiola: Claire can’t win.

It’s too easy.

Ruth Wilson!

Rubin: Viola Davis is 3000% better than anything else about that How To Get Away With Murder.

I didn’t know Luther’s Stalker had a real name!

Crucchiola: I’m glad Ruth Wilson won on the strength of her role in Luther alone.

Rubin: Resolved: we will all watch The Affair now.

Crucchiola: No one in the audience is laughing at her jokes.

Because they don’t know what she’s talking about.

Because they haven’t seen The Affair.

Watercutter: “Dom, your ass is something of great beauty.” Well, OK then!


Ruth-Wilson

Paul Drinkwater/NBC



Kehe: In keeping with tonight’s theme:


Rubin: THERE we go.

Nancy McKeon approves.

Crucchiola: Well now we know WHY he got the honor.

He was EXPERIMENTING!

Watercutter: George Clooney: Original Lesbian

Crucchiola: GOL

Kehe: GOL. LOL.


Best Lead Actor in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical


Watercutter: Yes, Keaton! #MyBatman

Crucchiola: Man, Michael Keaton is SO awesome!

Kehe: Michael Keaton thanks HFPA for having a comedy category? Doesn’t the rest of the world disagree?

Crucchiola:


tumblr_ngfojnhqHa1rdzgejo4_500


Rubin: Michael Keaton is in the third act of a Frank Capra movie right now.

Watercutter: Keaton’s number on the McCon-O-Meter right now is very high.

Rubin: Amy Poehler teared up a little, I think.

Watercutter: Again, Fey’s Tux Wins.

Rubin: Keaton got at least 400 millMcConaughheys.

Kehe: Oprah looks AWESOME. Gale agrees.

Gayle*

Rubin: Stedman is just happy to be here.

Crucchiola: He’s glad Gayle let him come.


Channing Tatum Presents Foxcatcher


Rubin: The Chan-Chan Man!

Speaking of Cecil B. DeBurnt.

Watercutter: Chan-Chan the Spray Tan Man

Rubin: My man is looking straight flame-broiled.

Watercutter: Still love him forever and a day.

Rubin: Charnel Taylun!


Best Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical


Crucchiola: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????

Rubin: Wes Blanderson

Watercutter: All together now … “Huh?”

Rubin:… at least it had Bill Murray in it?

Crucchiola:


BEYONCE-Stop-GIF


Watercutter: I just don’t know how that beat Birdman.

Kehe: OK, so drama predictions? Lego Movie??


Best Lead Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama


JulianneMoore

Paul Drinkwater/NBC



Crucchiola: MORE JULIANNE.

Reese. REVERSE AGING.

Watercutter: YES

Crucchiola: Heeeyyyyyyyy STILL ALICE!!!!

Watercutter: JULIANNE!

Kehe: JULIANNA MOOOOOORE!

Crucchiola: Her dress suggests she is VERY surprised she won.

As it has NO mobility.

Rubin: Is that Osh Kosh B’Gosh?

Watercutter: I’m so glad Julianne was able to get some use out of Katniss’s Mockingjay dress.

Crucchiola: Please let this foreshadow her long-delayed Oscar win

Watercutter: Yes—this better put her high on the Oscar list.

Kehe: Her accrual of milliMcConaugheys begins.


Lead Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama


Crucchiola: EDDIE WON!!!!!

Rubin: WHOA

Kehe: NOOOOOOOO

Watercutter: Friend of WIRED Eddie Wins!

Crucchiola: THE WIRED ENDORESEMENT PAYS OFF!!!

Rubin: Nice work Mr. Redmayne!

Rubin:I am legitimately happy for this guy.

Crucchiola: Wondrous!

Rubin: His hands are shaking. Endearing.

Watercutter: So happy for him!

Crucchiola: Every woman at Wired is ready to enter a plural marriage with Eddie and Hannah.

Kehe: Uh, and every man.

Crucchiola: Fair.

Rubin: Sorry, saving myself for that giant dude who made How To Train Your Dragon 2.

Crucchiola: My apologies.

Crucchiola:


tumblr_mgcg23xYr11rzoznmo1_500


Crucchiola: Swoon-factor DEFINITELY matters in the race for milliMcConaugheys.


Best Motion Picture, Drama (Presented by Living Goddess Meryl Streep)


Watercutter: Marry Me, Meryl.


MerylStreep

Paul Drinkwater/NBC



Crucchiola: And now for your clinic in stage presence,

by Meryl Streep.

Watercutter:Really, really tough category.

Boyhood!

Crucchiola: I get it.

Kehe: Great.

Crucchiola: But I’m already bored by it.

Crucchiola: “Biggest leap in film history”?

Richard.

Watercutter: Ethan Hawke made sure to get his Meryl Moment right there.

Rubin: Cho with the signoff!

Watercutter: Someone GIF Amy with that glass, right now.

Rubin: Great Cho, everyone.

Not the worst Globes ever!

Watercutter: After all that sad they have to remind us that Parks and Rec is ending?

Kehe: Real winners: Naomi’s serpent necklace, Prince, Gayle, HFPA

Rubin: Seriously.

I’m going to agree with all of those.

Watercutter: Real Heroes: Tambor, Bomer, Jessica Chastain (for being Jessica Chastain).

Crucchiola: All right. Going forward to Oscars: Boyhood‘s to lose? Keaton? Moore?

Rubin: Indeed.

Watercutter: Gotta say, I’m a little bummed that there wasn’t more love for Selma, but that’s neither here nor there.

Kehe: Anything can/should happen. I almost don’t want to grant anyone frontrunner status.

One prediction I will make: Next year’s hosts will be Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader, with jokes by Peter Rubin.

Watercutter: My dream!

Kehe: You incepted the idea, and now I’m gonna campaign for it.

Watercutter: And with that, we look forward to next year!

G’nite y’all! I’m going to watch the repeat… Or at least the duo-logue.



No comments:

Post a Comment