After months and months of speculation—and even a meme/hashtag (#TrueDetectiveSeason2)—we now know what the second season of True Detective looks like. (Short version: It looks dope.)
HBO dropped the first trailer for the network’s gritty crime drama this morning and while it’s nothing but a bunch of mood shots and such, there’s still a lot to be gleaned from its one-minute-exactly runtime. Here’s what we picked up.
1. The new season premieres June 21.
2. Colin Farrell, who plays “compromised” detective Ray Velcoro, has a wicked mustache. (Also, it’ll be hard not to nickname that mustache “Velcro.”)
3. Rachel McAdams, who plays a Ventura County Sheriff’s detective named Ani Bezzerides, is going to be all kinds of awesome and badass in this.
4. McAdams is definitely making “Police” shirts happen this season.
5. There’s definitely municipal planning involved in this plot somehow.
6. Taylor Kitsch (California Highway Patrol motorcycle cop Paul Woodrugh) is not to be messed with.
7. Criminal/entrepreneur (one in the same here?) Frank Semyon, played by Vince Vaughn, does not look like he’s well. (Presumably his life is falling apart, so…)
8. Like the first season, this one will likely involve a lot of drinking and meetings in dark bars.
9. Firth/Velcoro is definitely trying to make bolo ties happen this season.
10. We have to wait until June to figure out what that dude wearing leather gloves and a ski mask in broad daylight wants us to keep quiet about.