Another day, another massive trailer for a potential Hollywood blockbuster.
Hot on the heels of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and Fantastic Four, Universal released the new global trailer for Jurassic World today, and it is also a doozy.
Like, this new full trailer for director Colin Trevorrow’s movie has everything: running raptors, theme park destruction, and—in a departure from the characters he usually plays—Chris Pratt being the voice of reason. It also seems a bit more violent than we remember previous Jurassic installments being, but maybe those are the Spielberg-tinted glasses we’ve been wearing since we were kids.
Anyway, there’s a lot to digest in this trailer, so let’s get right into it. Here’s what we learned.
1. Chris Pratt, who plays Owen Grady, is pretty much a Velociraptor Whisperer.
2. Chris Pratt also has stayed in Star-Lord shape.
3. This new genetically modified dinosaur that Jurassic World has designed is intended to be “bigger than the T. rex” while also attracting more people to the park. Gulp.
4. This new dino, naturally, turns out to also be down for “killing for sport.”
5. GMOmnivore was probably a bad idea. (We’re guessing this dinosaur isn’t a vegetarian on a killing spree.)
6. This new dino is likely smarter than her creators. (She clawed out her tracking device?!)
7. 22 years after the original Jurassic Park turned out to be a terrible idea, people are still dumb enough to trap themselves on an island full of prehistoric animals.
8. This trailer still has a bit of that scene that Joss Whedon pointed out was “70’s era sexist.”
9. When Grady says “my way” he means “on a motorcycle” and “with a pack of dinosaurs.”
10. There are 20,000 people on Isla Nublar when things go awry this time.
11. This movie is going to make us wish Samuel L. Jackson was in it. And Laura Dern. And Sam Neill.
12. But we’re glad Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard are here!
13. These dinosaurs can communicate?!?!
Jurassic World hits theaters June 12.