Absurd Creatures of the Week: Nature’s Weirdest Eaters Will Make You Feel Better About Your Gluttony




I can’t help you with that post-Thanksgiving lethargy, or the hangover for that matter, or with that thing you shouldn’t have said to your grandmother, but I can assure you that you’re not alone. I’m not talking your fellow Americans, I mean your fellow creatures of Earth. All around us, you see, there are animals that eat like you wouldn’t believe. So cheer up.


Take, for example, the parasitic isopod that devours a fish’s tongue and takes its place. And the foot-long snail that’s literally eating houses in Florida (I know, of all places). And don’t forget the goblin shark, which doesn’t so much eat fish as it does launch its face at them.


So above I proudly present Absurd Creature of the Week’s Critters That’ll Make You Feel Better About Everything You Did This Thanksgiving Weekend Save for That Thing You Said to Your Grandmother.


As always, you can browse the full Absurd Creature of the Week archive here. Know of an animal you want me to write about? Are you a scientist studying a bizarre creature? Email matthew_simon@wired.com or ping me on Twitter at @mrMattSimon.



No comments:

Post a Comment